October 14, 2016
Pumpkin Spiced Smoothie
Give Your Skin An Extra Boost‘Tis the season for pumpkin spiced everything! And since we can only drink so many lattes, we decided to search out some alternative pumpkin spiced recipes…and we are sure glad we did! We came across this Pumpkin Spiced Smoothie from Against All Grain that is gluten-free, vegan and delicious! It’s also great for giving your skin an extra boost. Here’s why:
- Pumpkins contain carotenoids, which are protective antioxidants that helps defend skin against environmental aggressors. They also are responsible for giving the pumpkin its orange hue.
- Almond Milk is an excellent source of Vitamin E, another known antioxidant, which protects cells from free radical damage.
- Banana is rich in potassium, moisture and vitamins E and C, which all help promote clear glowing skin.
- Flaxseed contains omega 3 fatty acids, an anti-inflammatory, which helps increase the speed at which wounds heal.
- Surprise! Maple syrup contains up to 24 different antioxidants which help to fight free radical damage that can cause inflammation.
- Cinnamon is a stimulant that helps get your heart pumping and brings blood to the surface of the skin.
Vegan Pumpkin (Spiced) Banana SmoothieAuthor: Danielle Walker, AgainstAllGrain.com Serves: 1 Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes Ingredients
- ¾ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon finely ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (fresh is best, but canned will work)
- 1 ½ tablespoons grade B maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon each of cinnamon, nutmeg and giner
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or Vitamix.
- Enjoy immediately!