October 18, 2016
Are Makeup And Filters The New Cosmetic Surgery?
Make Your Face Look Flawless OnlineWe live in an the of technology. So, it’s not a surprise that how we look online is becoming just as important as how we look in person. Thank goodness there is an app for that! Instagram filters, Facetune, Facie, and makeup techniques that were previously reserved for professional film and television makeup artists are making their way into the main stream. Are these tools becoming the new cosmetic surgery? More affordable, much less invasive and interchangeable, technology is making the appearance of cosmetic surgery just a “tap” away. Let’s take a look at some of the techniques that are changing the “face” of cosmetic enhancements.
Makeup TechniquesThanks to the popularity of makeup tutorial videos, everyone can be a makeup pro these days! Techniques that used to be reserved for runway models and movie stars are now just a click away for your and me. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Essentially strobing is just a fun term for highlighting. Extra highlighting, or strobing, will give you a dewy, shimmery, more youthful glow.
- Contouring sharpens the face shape and enhances facial structures through low-lighting makeup techniques. If you’re applying it right, it’s not noticeable; it just gives your face subtle definition. Remember: Less is more.
- Missing your summer tan? Bronzer is your new friend. Try a shimmer bronzer to illuminate the skin while also giving it a sun-kissed glow.
- The term, which has been used in the drag community for years, refers to letting translucent powder sit on your face for five to 10 minutes, which allows the heat from your face to set your base foundation and concealer, and then dusting it off your face, leaving you with a creaseless, flawless finish
FiltersWe can all thank Instagram for bringing filters out of the professional photographer arsenal and into the main stream. Keep these filters in your favorites for a perfect picture.
- Valencia covers your selfie in a warm wash of color with subtle golden hints. It’s probably one of the most popular filters on Instagram and has been shown to garner more likes than any other option.
- Mayfair, dubbed Instagram’s contouring palette, adds a healthy warmth to any complexion, while highlighting in all the appropriate places.
- Hefe’s ultra-bronze filter is like giving yourself a digital deep-desert tan.
- Rise conceals any imperfections in the skin while giving off a dewy finish that looks entirely like your own complexion.
- Nashville is great for giving skin a luminous glow and creating an even tone all over.
- Black and White. If all else fails, go black and white.
AppsThe right smartphone app can do wonders for your “selfie-esteem”, allowing you to do everything from fixing blemishes to changing your hair color.
- Facetune is a celebrity favorite for making the best selfie. It can perfect your skin and smile, remove dark circles and blemishes, reshape your face and add amazing effects.
- Perfect 365 allows you to change your whole look in minutes. From widening your eyes to touching up your blush, this app goes in to every detail to create a “perfect” you.
- More Beaute is your go-to app for quick fixes. Need to post your selfie…fast? This apps tones, smoothes and brightens your photo just by moving up and down on a scale.
- Beauty Plus is like plastic surgery for your selfie. You can slim your face, enlarge your eyes and even get rid of your acne.