5 Reason Why We Love Her
As an internationally acclaimed spiritual author and lecturer, Marianne Williamson is no stranger to the spotlight. Six of Marianne’s 10 published books have been featured on the New York Times Bestsellers list, four of which have been featured at number one. She has made special guest appearances on many TV shows including, Oprah, Larry King Live, Good Morning America and Charlie Rose. And in 2006, Marianne was named 1 of the 50 most influential baby boomers by NEWSWEEK magazine. But that’s not why we love her so much…
Marianne has been at the forefront of the self-empowerment movement for over 3 decades and is proof that beautiful people have to be beautiful inside first. As a social activist she is striving to make the world a better place through numerous initiatives including founding Project Angel Food, a non-profit program that delivers meals to homebound people fighting AIDS in the Los Angeles area, co-founding a grass roots peace campaign, and recently announcing she is running for a seat in the United States House of Representatives.
So, here are the Top 5 reasons Marianne Williamson is a BEAUTIFUL person for Stemology to spotlight:
1. She’s a champion for human rights. In 1989, Marianne founded Project Angel Food, a program that delivers meals to those who are homebound due to serious illnesses within the Los Angeles area. She also co-founded The Peace Alliance, a grass roots campaign working to establish a United States Department of Peace. Marianne also serves on the Board of Directors of the RESULTS organization, working to end food insecurity and poverty throughout the world.
2. She’s a powerful woman. We love a strong, independent woman. One who stands up for what she believes in and fights to make sure it happens. Marianne recently announced her candidacy for election to the United States House of Representatives from California’s Congressional District 33. She wants to tackle major issues such as the economy, education, food supply, climate change, health care, social security, and war and peace.
3. She’s heart-centered. Marianne is a very spiritual individual. Many of her books provide holistic, natural approaches to life and peaceful yet effective ways of handling different situations.
4. She believes beauty comes from within. Being a spiritual leader, Marianne knows beauty starts from the inside. Beauty is deeper than what is visible to the human eye. Being intellectual and in touch with yourself and your heart center reflects beauty out to the world!
5. She’s trying to make the world a better place. With her non-profit organizations and her commitment to change the conversation in politics through her run for the United States House of Representatives, Marianne is striving to do all she can to make the world a better place today and for tomorrow.For more information on Marianne, visit http://www.marianne.com. Sources: Marianneforcongress.com, Marianne.com