FIVE SIMPLE WAYS TO DETOX YOUR SKIN
Ring In The New Year With A Skin Detox
An ever-growing New Year tradition is to detox the body after the holiday gluttony. Many people do this to help jump start weight loss or “reset” the body after weeks of eating, drinking and other merriment. But, the benefits of detoxing are not just beneficial for your body and mind; they are also fantastic for your skin! Just as important as it is to be cautious about what you put inside your body, it is also important to be mindful of releasing the body’s toxins. Not only does detoxing cleanse your skin, but it also rebuilds and maintains the health of it overall. Here are five ways to detoxify your skin and keep it looking fresher than ever!
- Drink Up! Drinking lots of water is key to cleansing your skin. It is one of the easiest and most impactful ways to increase skin hydration and flush out any toxins. According to scientific research, everyone should drink on average about three liters of water each day. For an extra boost, add a few drops of liquid chlorophyll to your water. It will help to improve the efficiency of oxygen transportation in your body, making you feel and look more refreshed.
- You Are What You Eat. Watching what you eat is another easy way to detox your skin. Avoiding foods that tend to congest the skin – such as spicy foods, alcohol, caffeine and refined sugar - is one way that you can avoid toxic buildup in your body. This doesn’t mean that you can’t indulge in your favorite junk foods every now and then; just be sure you make the effort to be cautious about what you are putting into your body regularly. We like the 80/20 rule.
- Pack In Powerful Probiotics. Including probiotics into your diet has been proven to detox inside and out. Probiotics offer the body regular bowel movements and help support a strong immune system. These key elements play a major role in toxin-free skin. Some foods that include probiotics are yogurt, soymilk, milk, dark chocolate, pickles and olives.
- Beautify in the Bath- By adding a few ingredients to your bath water, you can detoxify your skin and draw out dirt from your pores. To help destroy toxins and organisms and residue left by soap, add two cups of Epsom salt and a ¼ cup baking soda to your bath. Besides the detoxifying benefits, this combination will help to soothe irritated skin and boost magnesium levels. Turn up the benefits even more by sprinkling your favorite essential oil in as well – and light some candles for added relaxation and atmosphere.
- Sweat it Out. Exercising at least 30 minutes each day is a great way to maintain healthy skin and a healthy body. Sweating out your toxins is another easy way to ensure natural cleansing of the skin. Exercise has also been proven to relieve stress, which can also, in turn, help improve skin. Just remember to wash your face after exercise with a gentle cleanser that removes dirt and oil from skin, while maintaining skin’s delicate pH.
The New Year is here! Rid the skin and body of those holiday toxins and start fresh with clear, beautiful skin you can feel proud of!
How are you detoxing your body and skin this New Year? Tell us in the comments.