January 19, 2017
The 2017 Beauty Trends You Need to Know NOW!
Celebrity Makeup Artist Natalie Rose Gives Stemology Her ForecastStemology Skincare works with numerous celebrity makeup artists who strive to help their famous clientele attain the beautiful, healthy skin that’s critical to their trade. So what beauty trends will we see in 2017? Always at the forefront of innovation, Stemology turned to professional makeup artist Natalie Rose to get the answer. You may have seen her work on the famous faces of Sally Field, Jeff Bridges and Brooklyn Decker, just to name a few. Stemology asked Rose for the top five beauty trends she is seeing for 2017. Here’s what she had to say:
- The No-Makeup Look. This is the most anticipated trend so far, and it's already started in 2017. Heavy contouring is out and soft, radiant skin is in. Stemology (I call it skin food!) is one of my favorites for glowing skin. There's no amount of makeup that can make someone look good without a great base and a healthy surface.
- Soft Eyebrows. Say bye-bye to harsh block eyebrows. Seeing a natural hair brow with a natural shape that opens and softens the eye is IN! Glossier Boy Brow is my secret weapon.
- A Faded Lip. Bright lips are toning down as well. Give lips a wash of color and set it with neutral powder to give it more longevity and a toned down color (a runway trick).
- Cream de la Crème. Working with creams ‐ cream shadow, highlighter, blush ‐ gives the skin more radiance and is flattering from day into evening.
- Matte Skin. As much as we all love dewy, matte and velvet skin is back for good. A healthy balance between the two is where it should stay for a while. As we all know, the highlighting trend went way too far, so powdering in the appropriate places will be the key.