July 14, 2015
Beauty Recipe: Summer Grilled Squash Salad
Recipes That Are Good For You And Your SkinSkin Benefits
- Squash: Loaded with water and rich with vitamins A and C, and niacin, squash helps keep skin hydrated and glowing while fighting breakouts and free radical damage. It also contains manganese, which is essential for the production of choline, the amino acid involved in collagen formation, thus facilitating healthy skin and proper wound healing.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil contains oleocanthal, which has been found to stop the activity of some enzymes associated with inflammatory conditions including psoriasis and dermatitis.
- Red Onion: Packed with vitamins A, C and E, red onions help fight against harmful UV rays and other free radical damage, which can cause premature aging.
- Goat Cheese: Goat cheese is higher in vitamins D, K, thiamine and niacin than regular cow’s cheese, supporting the production of healthy skin and nails. And it’s been shown to be easier on the digestive system than it’s bovine counterpart, even for those who are sensitive to dairy products.
Grilled Summer Squash SaladPreparation ACTIVE: 15 MIN | TOTAL: 20 MIN | SERVES 4 Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for grill
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound summer squash or zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 cups mesclun or mixed lettuces
- 1/4 cup feta or goat cheese, crumbled