10 Creative Ways to Show Your Friends and Family You Appreciate Them
I have learned that it’s not what I have in my life, but who I have in my life that counts. – Unknown
At Stemology, April is all about Friends and Family. We happen to celebrate ours with our best promotion of the year – 25% off all purchases of $100 or more on StemologySkincare.com. But, this got us thinking, what else could we do to thank our friends and family all year round? Here are 10 ways we came up with to show our friends and family how much we appreciate them.
- Give a toast at your next meal together. Toasts aren’t just for weddings and retirement parties. Next time you are sitting with your family or friends, give a toast to express how much you appreciate them and watch their faces glow!
- Send a handwritten note, even if they live close to you. There is something special about getting your mail and a card or letter is in the normally mundane pile of bills and advertising. It’s like, the best surprise!
- Make them cookies and hand-deliver them. Warm cookies bring people back to a time of innocence and safety, where mom would always take care of them and things were peaceful. Show your friend or family member that you will always take care of them too by baking some cookies, and enjoying it all with the ones you love.
- Send flowers or create your own flower arrangement. As the jingle goes, “say it with flowers.” It’s a long-standing cultural tradition to celebrate, mourn and give thanks with a bouquet of flowers. Gather some from your yard, or hit up your local florist and say thank you with the beauty of flowers.
- Pay it forward. The best gifts come from the heart. If your friend or family member has a favorite cause or charity, make a donation in their name. Not only are you saying thank you, you are also helping someone in need, and showing your loved one how much you care about them as well as what’s important to Bonus!
- Cook them dinner. What’s better than a homemade meal? Tell your friend or family member to take the night off from cooking and treat them to a home-cooked meal. Find out what their favorite food is and make it for them, keeping in mind their favorite foods as well as any particulars regarding diet, etc.
- Give them a hug. Research shows that hugging can help boost self-esteem, improve immune function, balance out the nervous system, and bring people closer. So, show your gratitude with a deep hug, where your hearts are pressing together and your energy is focused on being grateful – and hang on for an extra couple of seconds.
- Take action. Show them how grateful you are by helping them out physically. Wash their car. Run some errands for them. Help them spring clean their house. Find out what would make a difference for them and then help them out, and watch the gratitude unfold.
- Have an experience together. Most likely your gratitude is based on a culmination of many life experiences. So why not add another great one to the list? Take your friend or family member on an adventure they won’t forget. Skydiving? Hot air balloon ride? Choose something they would enjoy and remember for a lifetime.
- Look them straight in the eye and say “thank you.” Often times we get too caught up in finding creative ways to show our thanks, when sometimes the most meaningful way to show it is just to say it. So the next time you are with your friends and family, take a moment to stop and just say, “Thank you for everything you do and everything you are. You make the world a better place.”
What are you waiting for? Show thank your friends and family today and how them how grateful you are…and then tell us in the comments how you showed gratitude!