Heirloom Tomato and Beet Summer Salad Recipe
This summer, start your beauty routine from the inside-out with this light, healthy, and satisfying, Heirloom Tomato and Beet Salad. The highly nutritious, and super delicious, ingredients will help your skin see beauty benefits all summer long including:
Tomatoes boast beauty benefits like:
- Helping skin resist the sun’s harmful UV rays and reduces the risk of skin cancer, thanks to the lycopene in them
- Protecting skin from free radical damage
- Boosting cell repair, thanks to their rich source of protein
- Brightening skin through their high Vitamin C content
- Helping rashes and acne with Vitamins A and C
- Preventing signs of aging by enabling the skin to absorb more oxygen
Beets boast beauty benefits like:
- Stimulate cell production and repair, preventing premature aging and wrinkles
- Protect skin from free radical damage through their excellent source of betalains, a powerful antioxidant
- Detoxifying the body and skin by thinning bile and improving liver function
Bring it to your next summer gathering so everyone can enjoy this delicious salad and all its health and beauty benefits!
HEIRLOOM TOMATO AND BEET SALAD
Serves 6 (serving size: about 3 beet slices, about 4 tomato slices, and 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes)
Total time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 2 medium-sized red beets
- 2 medium-sized golden beets
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Trim roots and stems from beets. Pierce beets with a fork, and wrap in foil. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool; peel beets and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Combine chives and next 6 ingredients (through mustard) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine cherry tomatoes and about 5 teaspoons mustard mixture; toss to coat. Divide sliced beets and sliced tomatoes evenly among 6 plates. Drizzle each serving with about 3 teaspoons remaining mustard mixture. Top each serving evenly with cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.