Health and Wellness is Beautiful
What you put in your body is just as important for the health of your skin as what you put on your body. With this in mind, our Chief Marketing Officer Lori Jacobus has created a winter salad recipe with skin-saving benefits. And we can attest, it’s delicious as well!
Winter Skin-Saving Salad Recipe
- Baby Greens (spring mix, herb blend, 50/50 blend, etc.)
- Roasted Beets (golden and red)
- Vegan Ricotta Cheese (Kite Hill)
- Sunflower Seeds
- Pomegranate seeds
- Vegetarian Chicken Fillets (Quorn)
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Preheat over to 400 degrees
- Wash and peel beets, and cut off ends. Place in roasting dish and sprinkle with olive oil, Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper
- Place in oven and roast for 35-40 minutes or until beets are firm, but still can be pierced with a fork
- When done, let cool, and then dice into medium sized cubes and mix in a bowl with olive oil, a pinch of salt, pepper, pomegranate and sunflower seeds
- Cook chicken fillets as indicated on package. Slice into cubes
- Place lettuce in a bowl
- Add beets mixture, avocado, chicken fillets and toss with dressing.
- Top with a tablespoon of vegan ricotta and serve
- In a bowl combine, 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard,1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar, and Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Mix vigorously with a fork or wire whisk until frothy
- Slowly add 1 Cup Olive Oil while continuing to mix vigorously – about 2 minutes
Skin Saving Benefits
Beets improve skin and hair health. Due to the great number of anthocyanins contained in beets, their use has a positive impact on the condition of skin and hair. Beets improve complexion, reduce inflammation, help with dry skin, reduce freckles and age spots and make your skin younger looking.
Pomegranates improve collagen production. Our skin naturally begins to sag and lose firmness as we grow older. Pomegranates are full of ellagic acid, an antioxidant that has shown promising results in reducing collagen breakdown.
Olive Oil is an intense skin moisturizer. Naturally, olive oil is packed with anti-aging antioxidants and hydrating squalene, making it superb for skin, hair and nails.
Avocados are among the healthiest natural ingredients on the planet. From soothing skin to protecting skin against UV rays of the sun, this fruit contains over 25 vital nutrients including vitamins (A, B, C, E, and K) and minerals such as copper, potassium, iron, magnesium and phosphorous.
Healthy, delicious, and beautiful too! It doesn’t get much better than that!
Sources: LA Healthy Living, Huffington Post, Allure, StyleCraze