Eliminate toxins from your life
New year, new you, right? It seems at the start of a new year everyone is making a goal to get healthy by losing weight and dieting. But, living a healthy lifestyle is so much more than just working out and avoiding bread.
If you want to improve your overall health, and truly be the healthiest version of yourself possible, you must rid the toxins from your life and live a truly clean lifestyle. Living clean is about living a healthy, happy, balanced life. This means, eating healthier and staying active, being more aware of what you put into and on your body, and what you surround yourself with.
Now, we realize this can seem totally overwhelming, and therefore unattainable, making you want to run for the hills (or the comfort food!) But, have no fear – Stemology is here to help you take the first few steps into a cleaner lifestyle with these 5 easy-to-follow and easy-to-integrate tips…
- Eat more whole foods. No, we’re not talking about the chain grocer, Whole Foods, we're talking about eating more nutritious, wholesomely good for you foods. These consist of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and organic, grass-fed dairy and meats. The best way to eat clean is to avoid packaged foods and foods that have been genetically modified. When shopping at the grocery store, stick to the outer aisles and avoid the center – that’s where all the chemical laden, processed foods reside.
- Hydrate. There is nothing that detoxes your body the way water does. It flushes out toxins, boosts your immune system and keeps you hydrated, leaving you feeling fuller and refreshed while giving your skin a youthful glow. To make sure you are always hydrated, keep a glass or stainless steel water bottle with you. Avoid plastic bottles at all costs. Not only are they harmful to the environment, they are also harmful to your body. Plastic bottles contain a toxin called Bisphenol A (BPA), which has been shown to imitate estrogen and other hormones in the body. Also, be sure your water is alkaline and not acidic and that it is free of fluoride.
- Purge negativity. Live a cleaner, healthier, positive mind-set. You know that voice inside your head – the one that is always negative and making you second-guess your actions, yeah - say goodbye to that voice. How? Practice some yoga or meditation, or find a few positive mantras to say in place of a negative thought.
- Dispose of expired products. There is nothing clean about putting expired foundation on your face, or expired milk in your smoothie.Make sure to clean out your refrigerator, your make-up drawers and your skincare and hair products at least every few months. To help this seem less daunting split it up. One month go through your makeup drawer, another through your skincare and hair products, the following week clean out your fridge and pantry.Using and consuming old, expired products can actually lead to reserve affects of the intended.
- Purify the air. The quality of the air we breathe is a major factor in optimal health, and youthful skin. Though, we can’t change the air outside (you can help by driving less and carpooling more), you can change the quality of the air inside your home and office. Purchase an air purifier to help eliminate toxins and pollutants hanging around your quarters.
To help make the shift to living clean even easier, simply commit to one of these 5 tasks each month, and before you know it, you’ll not only be living cleaner, you’ll be feeling healthier and happier than you have in years!